Description de l'offre
Working with these five unique and well defined London Brands will unlock an outstanding opportunity to build an emotional connection with our guests and create superior service experiences. From the world of entertainment, at W Leicester Square to the world of pure tradition, at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, there is always something new to discover.
As a company that cares about your success, Marriott has developed integrated Talent Management processes that will ultimately lead you rising to the top of your career.
We strive to challenge our associates to develop through our world-class learning and development programs, which will support you in your Marriott Journey.
Go the extra step, play as a team, do the right thing…This is the Marriott Way!
Marriott London Hotels encompassing The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, The Park Lane Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, W Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel is currently looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join our Finance team in our Central London offices.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
· This position would be based in the Central London Complex Office, currently located at Sheraton Grand London.
· Given the nature of the Complex, the Assistant is expected to take a very strong role in the day to day operation and would be asked to do more than a stand-alone Assistant.
· The functions of Income Audit, General Cashier and Accounts Payable functionally report into this position, although you may share resources with the other Complex assistants.
· To completely run month end, ensuring that all journals are prepared & posted, reviews are completed and deadlines are adhered to.
· To prepare VAT returns and deal with HMRC.
· To present month end P&L to the Complex Dir of Finance (CDOF) and explain variances
· To run meetings, including monthly Profit & Loss Review.
· To ensure that the bank accounts are run correctly and reconciled daily.
· To manage cashflow on a daily basis and projections for the future.
· To review and confirm all posting into accounting software, ensuring that coding is 100% correct.
· To reconcile all balance sheet monthly with correct back-up
· To prepare Owners reports monthly and as and when required
· To prepare the annual budgets
· To prepare monthly forecasts and present for approval.
· To ensure that all Starwood policies are fully adhered to, including Segregation of Duty
· Other functions, as and when required.
· To supervise & assist Income Audit including travel agent commissions
· To supervise & assist Accounts Payable
· To supervise & assist General Cashier
· To assist Accounts Receivable if required (this position reports directly to CDOF)
· To assist Payroll if required (this position reports directly to CDOF)
· Strong liaison with Head of Departments and offering support and advice on financial decision making.
· People management, including appraisals.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Must be flexible in approach and able to cope with demanding deadlines and pressurized situations
· Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader
· Must be able to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
· Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Must have strong IT skills, especially with Excel
· Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers, and ownership
· Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Working knowledge of European and local laws, and Starwood standards governing equal employment opportunity rights, occupational safety and health, payroll and employment issues, taxation and other financial legislation and statutes
Are you ready to embrace a better way to experience the world of hospitality and to be challenged to deliver your best?
Then come and join us!
Enjoy a variety of benefits including meals in our Staff Restaurants to laundry and dry cleaning service, childcare, optical, and dental plans to name a few… last but not least, discover the world thanks to our discounted hotel rates when travelling and staying in one of our Marriott Properties.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.