Posting Date May 04, 2021
Job Number 21041804
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, Piccadilly, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
As Maintenance Engineer you will be accountable for the building maintenance and guest room repairs.
You will be working as a team and on individual basis throughout the daily operation. You will monitor all building areas ensuring its safety and maintenance as well as ensuring all shift duties are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner.
This role reports into the Chief Engineer or designated person
▪ Display basic proficiency in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, BMS, AHU and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, generator, energy conservation, and/or general building.
▪ Perform schedule preventative maintenance in guestroom as per checklist to all services within rooms, public areas and meeting rooms. Carry out minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
▪ Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g. plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and program TV's.
▪ Perform all schedule maintenance as scheduled on the transcendent platform for all guestrooms, plant rooms, meeting rooms, all fire life safety equipment and kitchen equipment.
▪ Carry out weekly tap flushing and water temperature check in line with legionella water management, carry out routine daily checks on all plants as per engineering guidelines.
▪ Carry out weekly fire life safety tests on fire alarm, sprinkler system and emergency backup generator, including maintaining the level of fuel on the sprinkler pump and generator.
▪ Check all lifts and maintain all plant rooms clean.
▪ Carry out, as per schedule, the filter replacement on all air handling plants AHU
▪ Complete all scheduled work as set out via transcendent for all maintenance of guestrooms, public areas, meeting rooms, plant rooms and kitchen
▪ Perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
Accident Prevention and Safety
▪ Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
▪ Complete appropriate safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
▪ Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
▪ Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertiliser, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
▪ Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
▪ Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
▪ Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
▪ Maintain a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems and be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Fire and Emergency Rescue Teams.
▪ Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g. Fire and Emergency Response Team, evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters) in order to preserve the building and its systems during the emergency and act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
▪ Store all flammable materials in COSHH and HSE approved containment devices.
Shift Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer
Job Family: Engineering and Facilities Maintenance
Job Description 20/06/2020 Page 2 of 4
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
▪ Carry all equipment (e.g. keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain readiness to carry out work tasks at all
▪ Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
▪ Organise all painting and maintenance areas properly utilising the appropriate methods and supplies.
▪ Clean all tools and equipment and return to the shop and secure in the proper area.
▪ Clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
▪ Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
▪ Perform preventive maintenance in a timely manner.
Maintain Building and Property
▪ Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
▪ Observe and record daily energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
▪ Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
Maintain Records or Logs
▪ Maintain the preventive maintenance records, inspections, and rounds using Transcendent platform.
▪ Maintain a proper inventory of parts, materials, equipment, tools, and supplies necessary to perform his/her job.
▪ Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
▪ Assure each day’s activities and problems that occurred are communicated to the other shifts using approved
communication programs and standards.
▪ Read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring devices in accordance with
inspection and rounds procedures.
▪ Assist in the compilation of data for preventive maintenance inspection records.
▪ Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
▪ Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the
guest's name when possible.
▪ Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific
process (e.g. LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
▪ Respond to all guest complaints promptly and, if cannot remedy the situation, let the Duty Manager know so they can
follow up and try to satisfy the guest.
▪ Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
▪ Follow verbal or written directions pertaining to minor maintenance repairs.
▪ Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
▪ Maintain communication with supervisors to so that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
Working with Others
▪ Perform daily assigned work orders and follow engineering standard operating procedures.
▪ Work with housekeeping staff and other departments to maintain all rooms, buildings, and property in perfect
▪ Train and provide technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
▪ Work in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of the organisation.
Shift Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer
Job Family: Engineering and Facilities Maintenance
Job Description 20/06/2020 Page 3 of 4
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
▪ Work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organised.
▪ Support the improvement of engineering services by effectively addressing problems affecting owners, guests and
▪ Complete all maintenance or repair assignments in a timely, safe and professional manner.
▪ Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
▪ Transmit information or documents using a computer.
▪ Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update
records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from guests.
▪ Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organisation systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
▪ Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
▪ Lift, carry, reach, bend, and climb ladders.
▪ Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
▪ Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
▪ Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
▪ Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g. to identify defects).
▪ Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and
heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
▪ Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
▪ Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
Policies and Procedures
▪ Participate in departmental problem-solving teams.
▪ Protect and maintain assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
▪ Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
▪ Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
▪ Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
▪ Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.