Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra:
Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for liaising with clients in order to collate all details relating to upcoming groups, events or conferences in order to produce a detailed and accurate Event Order and Group Recap to ensure all groups and events are executed in line with clients expectations.
· Maintain timely tracking and follow-up of all allocated bookings. Ensuring definite bookings are regularly followed up to secure accurate numbers as far in advance as possible but no later than 5 days prior to arrival.
· Ensure adherence to Event Order distribution timelines and all event orders are completed in expected timeframe.
· Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally.
· Take responsibility and be empowered to make decisions when quoting for upsell business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
· Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients throughout the planning process, coordinating planning site inspections and menu tastings where appropriate. Ensure adherence to Site Inspection policies for all site inspections and that VIP site inspections are conducted where applicable.
· Meet with and greet all key contact upon arrival for their event where appropriate.
· When requested, represent Planning team at weekly Event Order meetings with F&B and Operations teams.
· Communication daily with Event Planning Supervisor on any critical issues relating to any upcoming events and any anticipated variances to forecasted revenues.
· Ensure maximise upselling opportunities whenever possible to maximise Banquet revenues.
· Follow the selling strategy from the Lead Management Team for Group Rooms and Conference & Banqueting business. Work in accordance with selling guidelines when upselling ensuring minimum numbers and pricing guidelines are adhered to at all times.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with operational departments across all properties and ensure they are provided with accurate and timely event orders, group and event summaries, ensuring a thorough handover is administered to appropriate operational personnel for all Group and Conference & Banqueting business on a timely basis prior to Event.
· Ensure adherence to the Hotel(s) credit policies and procedures and ensure clients are made fully aware of all credit decisions, contract and deposit requirements.
· Ensure close working relationship with the Billing Coordinators to ensure accuracy of actualised revenue in Opera and final invoices. Assist with any revenue or invoice queries to ensure these are addressed in a timely manner.
· Initiate customer follow up within 24 hours of departure to seek feedback and rebook potential.
· Ensure all feedback, compliment and complaint emails are distributed to appropriate departments and manage client follow-up together with Group & Events Manager and Hotel Managers where necessary.
· Adhere to Marriott Telephone standards at all times.
· Ensure a thorough understanding of all Marriott corporate programs impacting on group and banqueting business including but not limited to SPG Pro, TEAMHOT, StarGroups, StarCite, ISAC, Top Line Group Optimiser (TLGO) and Starwoodmeetings.com and ensure that these tools are maximised on a daily basis.
· Ensure adherence to the EAME Marriott Standards in addition to the Central London Standard Operation Procedure when utilising opera including but not limited to the inputting of bookings, group blocks, contacts, activities and status management.
· Ensure a good knowledge of Opera in order to be competent in checking bedroom and function space availability.
· Ensure adherence to Marriott Standards for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance at all times.
· Ensure adherence to all Group & Event Sales administration standards in line with EAME Marriott Standards – including but not limited to updating Teamhot, ISAC and SPG Pro enrolments.
· Ensure full and accurate knowledge of any Marriott Global or Divisional Master Service Agreements and Preferred agreements to ensure enquiries and commission payments from such accounts are handled accordingly.
· Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
· Take responsibility and be empowered to make decisions when quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
· Contribute to an empowered dynamic environment in which all team members take responsibility for their workload and professional development.
· Actively participate in all Marriott Global Sales Blitzes.
· Build strong relationships with Group & Events Department associates, Proactive Sales team and Hotel operations teams, ensuring clear communication between all departments. Liaise with each department when necessary ensuring a good level of internal communication is maintained at all time to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
· Maintain full and accurate knowledge of the competitive sets of the Central London hotels.
· Prepare reports as required by Marriott, including SIMS, Opera reports, conversion reports and financial revenue plan reporting when applicable.
· Attend daily & weekly group & events meetings and other meetings as required.
· Actively participate in the Starvoice Survey process and support action plans to address feedback within the department.
· Perform any duties deemed necessary and reasonable, requested by the Group & Event Planning Supervisor, Events Manager, Metro Market Sales Leader or the London Leadership Team.
Are you ready to embrace a better way to experience the world of hospitality and to be challenged to deliver your best?
Then come and join us!
Enjoy a variety of benefits including meals in our Staff Restaurants to laundry and dry cleaning service, childcare, optical, and dental plans to name a few… last but not least, discover the world thanks to our discounted hotel rates when travelling and staying in one of our Marriott Properties.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.