Posting Date Mar 31, 2021
Job Number 21028957
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Worsley Park, Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
This position is based at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Greater Manchester.
The successful candidate will provide maternity cover to the role from mid June 2021 for an expected period of nine months.
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club is recognised as one of the leading Hotel & Country Clubs in the North of England and offers a diverse business mix and a high focus on culinary excellence. The hotel is positioned as Manchester’s Metropolitan Country Club and attracts a large number of group, conference and leisure bookings as well as many sports teams.
The Hotel Sales Leader has responsibility for proactively seeking, encouraging and managing large group/catering opportunities with significant revenue potential. To actively up-sell business opportunities and maximise revenue opportunity and verify that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. To be responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience and grow the account on behalf of the company.
WHAT WE OFFER
As an employer we offer the following employment benefits;
· Generous pension plan
· Private healthcare scheme
· Global hotel discount program
· Complimentary hotel leisure membership
· Annual recognition, free car parking, meals on duty and much more!
YOU WILL NEED
Education and Experience
• Relevant university degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in the sales and marketing sector, preferably within a hospitality/hotel environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Proactively identifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximises revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handle complex business with significant revenue potential as well as high customer expectations.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Executes exemplary customer service and brand standards to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate hotel features and services that best meet their requirements while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and brand.
• Gain understanding of the property’s primary target customer and specific service expectations to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Conducts site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.