Posting Date Feb 05, 2021
Job Number 21000664
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Budapest Marriott Hotel, Apaczai Csere Janos u. 4., Budapest, Hungary, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Manages overall operations of Health Club and Fitness Center. Responsible for guest and employee satisfaction as well as meeting standards and financial goals. Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
HUNGARIAN LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE IS PREFERRED due to 3rd parties business relations with local companies.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Health Club and Operations
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Develops and implements menu of classes and services, including special programs.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Manages outside vendors.
• Orders and maintains necessary supplies and ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Ensures all facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
• Schedules work/repairs as needed with the Engineering Department.
• Maintains and enforces safety standards and procedures with the recreation staff.
• Ensures appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures are followed by all members of the recreation staff.
• Manages operating budget.
• Assists with major equipment purchases.
• Provides special programming for holiday weekends and heavy transient time periods.
• Plans and implements special recreational opportunities for guests as business demands.
• Develops and implements marketing strategies for fitness assessment center and health programs.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Oversees all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
• Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Hires, trains, and monitors development of recreation staff.
• Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
• Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.