Posting Date Jan 27, 2021
Job Number 21000199
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Dubai Hotel and Conference Centre- is a luxurious haven of rest and relaxation, standing next door to Dubai International Airport (DXB). Belonging to the globe's most glamorous city, feel destined to succeed when you begin each day in one of our 18 chic restaurants before experiencing our dynamic city or attending a sophisticated event in our 44,000 square feet of venue space. To unwind from the excitement, reserve a soothing treatment in our Natural Elements Spa, float in the azure outdoor pools or enter the boxing arena at our state-of-art fitness centre. When you stay in our upscale rooms and suites, adorned with curated décor and modern technology, you unlock the unique thrills of Dubai
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Oversees the overall work of the bakery staff.
· Oversees creativity and prepares all breads,and bakery required for all restaurants, banquets, specialty orders and to-go orders. Set up, maintain, and break down station according to restaurant guidelines Taste all products produced to assess quality
· Takes orders from the executive sous chef & executive chef
· Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen.
· Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
· Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each service.
· Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
· Develops, designs, or creates new menus and recipes based on standards or artistic contributions.
· Supervises junior chefs and all members of the kitchen staff.
· Ensures that all standards of safety are strictly observed..
· Monitors the quality of the meals during preparation and service.
· Evaluates client satisfaction.
· Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· To move into this position you should have
· Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
· Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
· Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership role of culinary
· Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
· Excellent cooking skills
· Leading a team of 7 chefs
· Due to the restaurants concepts continental and Asian bakery background required
· Current bakery sous chef or similar position in a 5-star hotel / high end restaurant
· Ensure consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
· Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
· Coordinate all food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
· Check set-ups for restaurant. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
· Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimize waste and spoilage
· Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
· Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
· Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel's quality standards specifications
· Supervise food tasting sessions and guide chefs for new menu implementation
· Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions •
· Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
· Follow HACCP guidelines and ensure that colleagues comply with HACCP guidelines Minimum 2 years working experience as baker in well-known international hotel brands • Extensive knowledge in breads
· Excellent leadership & supervisory skills with a "hands-on" approach
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
· bakery and breakfast experience
· Certified Trainer for all Food Hygiene Course and HACCP Course
· Positive attitude and high energy level
· Motivator & self-starter; displays initiative & creativity
· Team player and team builder • Knowledge in computer (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.