Westin Hotels & Resorts redefines personal and instinctive service with an effortless style and gracious attitude that ensures a truly unforgettable experience for our guests and associates. Every Westin is a haven of serenity and a distinctive alternative for those who appreciate a higher standard. The Westin Melbourne is searching for a dynamic Leader to join our team and who is ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand - if you're someone who is positive, adaptable, intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others, we'd love to hear from you.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
The Reservations department provides consistent and professional service in all aspects of internal and external communications. This department ensures all reservations are inputted in a timely manner.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Reservations & Revenue Manager, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic Group Reservations Coordinator to provide support to the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· The role consists of liaising between meeting planners and convention service managers and being the hotels first point of contact.
· Handle all reservations aspects of a group. Handle room block monitoring, rooming lists, reporting pick up, VIP and upgraded accommodations, client correspondence relating to reservations and other group reservation functions.
· Additionally, you will be required to enter booking information into the Property Management System (PMS), handle enquiries regarding reservations via the telephone, email and fax, and support the revenue management strategies employed by utilizing upselling techniques effectively.
· Pre-arrival check to ensure guest history is linked and relevant booking information is updated and remove irrelevant information in bookings.
· Follow up on No-Shows and late cancelations and process charges appropriately
· Swift communication with Starwood Customer Contact Centres, SPG and CEM Teams to ensure a seamless guest experience
· Work closely with other members of the Reservations team, to generate incremental revenue via upselling, promoting hotel F&B Venues and other hotel services and amenities.
· Close communication with relevant teams to ensure every guest has a smooth arrival experience
· Handing FIT and Group commission
· Previous experience in a Reservations role in a 4 or 5-star hotel
· Knowledge of the Opera PMS system
· Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
· Exceptional attention to detail, be self-motivated and detail oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask and work productively in a busy environment
· A creative flair
· Impeccable personal presentation
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
· Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Starwood properties worldwide
· Associate recognition programs
· Discount CBD parking
· World class training programs
· Strategic career development opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.