As a member of the Group & Event Planning team, this position is responsible for planning groups, events and conferences for The Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel, The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, W London Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel. Responsibilities include managing groups, events and conferences once the booking has been contracted through to the day of the actual event. This position is responsible for liaising with clients in order to produce Event Orders and Group recaps and to ensure that all the details of the event are communicated to the Banqueting Operations team and all Group information is communication to the Front Office Managers of each hotel in advance of each event or group arrival.
· Proven Group and/or planning professional with a minimum of 1 year planning experience within a premium hospitality organisation
· Previous Group and/or Event planning experience essential
· Polished and professional communication skills – verbal and written
· Excellent standards of personal presentation
· Significant experience with Opera (or similar system)
· Word-processing skills, preferably with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for liaising with clients in order to collate all details relating to upcoming groups, events or conferences in order to produce a detailed and accurate Event Order and Group Recap to ensure all groups and events are executed in line with clients expectations.
· Maintain timely tracking and follow-up of all allocated bookings. Ensuring definite bookings are regularly followed up to secure accurate numbers as far in advance as possible but no later than 5 days prior to arrival.
· Ensure adherence to Event Order distribution timelines and all event orders are completed in expected timeframe.
· Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally.
· Take responsibility and be empowered to make decisions when quoting for upsell business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
· Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients throughout the planning process, coordinating planning site inspections and menu tastings where appropriate. Ensure adherence to Site Inspection policies for all site inspections and that VIP site inspections are conducted where applicable.
· Meet with and greet all key contact upon arrival for their event where appropriate.
· When requested, represent Planning team at weekly Event Order meetings with F&B and Operations teams.
· Communication daily with Event Planning Supervisor on any critical issues relating to any upcoming events and any anticipated variances to forecasted revenues.
· Ensure maximise upselling opportunities whenever possible to maximise Banquet revenues.
· Follow the selling strategy from the Lead Management Team for Group Rooms and Conference & Banqueting business. Work in accordance with selling guidelines when upselling ensuring minimum numbers and pricing guidelines are adhered to at all times.
· Develop and maintain close working relationships with operational departments across all properties and ensure they are provided with accurate and timely event orders, group and event summaries, ensuring a thorough handover is administered to appropriate operational personnel for all Group and Conference & Banqueting business on a timely basis prior to Event.
· Ensure adherence to the Hotel(s) credit policies and procedures and ensure clients are made fully aware of all credit decisions, contract and deposit requirements.
· Ensure close working relationship with the Billing Coordinators to ensure accuracy of actualised revenue in Opera and final invoices. Assist with any revenue or invoice queries to ensure these are addressed in a timely manner.
· Initiate customer follow up within 24 hours of departure to seek feedback and rebook potential.
· Ensure all feedback, compliment and complaint emails are distributed to appropriate departments and manage client follow-up together with Group & Events Manager and Hotel Managers where necessary.
· Adhere to Marriott Telephone standards at all times.
· Ensure a thorough understanding of all Marriott corporate programs impacting on group and banqueting business including but not limited to SPG Pro, TEAMHOT, ISAC, Top Line Group Optimiser (TLGO) and ensure that these tools are maximised on a daily basis.
· Ensure adherence to the EAME Marriott Standards in addition to the Central London Standard Operation Procedure when utilising opera including but not limited to the inputting of bookings, group blocks, contacts, activities and status management.
· Ensure a good knowledge of Opera in order to be competent in checking bedroom and function space availability.
· Ensure adherence to Marriott Standards for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance at all times.
· Ensure adherence to all Group & Event Sales administration standards in line with EAME Marriott Standards – including but not limited to updating Teamhot, ISAC and SPG Pro enrolments.
· Ensure full and accurate knowledge of any Marriott Global or Divisional Master Service Agreements and Preferred agreements to ensure enquiries and commission payments from such accounts are handled accordingly.
· Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
· Take responsibility and be empowered to make decisions when quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
· Contribute to an empowered dynamic environment in which all team members take responsibility for their workload and professional development.
· Actively participate in all Marriott Global Sales Blitzes.
· Build strong relationships with Group & Events Department associates, Proactive Sales team and Hotel operations teams, ensuring clear communication between all departments. Liaise with each department when necessary ensuring a good level of internal communication is maintained at all time to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
· Maintain full and accurate knowledge of the competitive sets of the Central London hotels.
· Prepare reports as required by Marriott, including SIMS, Opera reports, conversion reports and financial revenue plan reporting when applicable.
· Attend daily & weekly group & events meetings and other meetings as required.
· Actively participate in the Engagement Survey process and support action plans to address feedback within the department.
· Perform any duties deemed necessary and reasonable, requested by the Group & Event Planning Supervisor, Events Manager, Metro Market Sales Leader or the London Leadership Team.