At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We're looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
· To ensure knowledge and understanding of Opera & Marsha.
· To develop a good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom availability
· Maintain knowledge of market, competition and customers.
· Analyse the Top Primary market producers, trends & leads for monthly basis reporting.
· Analyse the closure ratio, conversion ratio and market sources.
· Ensure Data integrity in Opera system is consistent for analyse purposes
· To ensure that all group enquiries are entered into and reviewed on Group Optimiser in order to review suitability of business
· Ensure correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
· Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally
· Ensure that a copy of the proposal, contract and BEO are attached to the Business Block for future reference.
· Work closely with the Groups and Revenue team to action enquiries and convert business
· Actively use MI Leads for cross selling business
· Actively use Marriott Bonvoy as appropriate & acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the program
· To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of signed contract and deposit
· Attend Weekly events briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries
· To attend weekly Group sales meeting
· To ensure tentative business block information is updated on a weekly basis & provide accurate updates to the Director of Sales to present at the revenue strategy meeting
· Ensure regular updates in Opera and Marsha are provided in order to assist Revenue Manager in accurate forecasting
· Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines
· Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
· Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department
· Participate in annual Engagement survey
· Must demonstrate an awareness of the importance of body language in communication and interaction with others
· Take part in special projects as directed by the Director of Sales
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in local language, English and at least one additional language.
Must pass the Sales Select Test.
Courteous & efficient telephone manner
· Excellent organizational/administrative skills with office management experience
· Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
· Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
· Ability to appreciate “the big picture”, whilst having a talent for detail & an inherent thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
· Strong writing skills with excellent spelling & grammar
· Typing skills - 65 words per minute & speed writing preferred
· Excellent excel skills for analytical reports and data
· Excellent computer skills - sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, internet & intranet systems
· Numerate. Ability to manage Sales budget.
· Foreign language skills preferred
· Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
· Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility with senior management
· Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
· High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
· Team player – with a sense of humor even in the face of adversity!
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.