Posting Date Apr 20, 2021
Job Number 21037355
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Ashford Road Bearsted, Maidstone, KENT, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
To support the smooth and efficient running of the Golf operation in all areas including; retail, course co-ordination, course concierge, course marshalling and reception.
· Maintain all Golf standards, including but not limited to cleaning, reception duties, sales, membership show-rounds, report generation, data capture, ordering and delivery.
· To provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers at all times and in all areas of the Golf Operation.
· Use the Golf IT systems effectively and ensure all data is entered correctly and updated accordingly.
· To be involved in the achievement of the golf shop and hotel targets. (to include but not limited to Brand Standard Audit, Guest Satisfaction Score, 59 club and Marriott Golf & leisure audit)
· To ensure that all areas of the Golf Operation function smoothly and in accordance with the standards laid out within the Marriott Golf Audit and other relevant SOPs.
· To regularly liaise with colleagues to ensure good working relationship.
· Ensure the Golf facilities are kept to the highest possible standard through check list and cleaning.
· Ensure that all touch points in the Golf shop, driving range and starter hut are cleaned every 60 minutes.
· Actively involved in calendar events for members appreciation and Golf competitions.
· Attend and be actively involved in regular monthly Team meetings.
· Regularly check the departments maintenance and report any faults.
· To ensure compliance with H&S legislation and Company Golf Club Guidelines including completion of H&S Checks and Checklists
· To ensure the Golf Shop achieves and maintains a high standard of customer service with both members and hotel residents.
· To work closely with Membership Advisers to ensure all potential leads are passed on.
· In the absence of the Membership team sell Golf and Leisure memberships
· To ensure the Golf Shop is open and closed according to the department checklists.
· To take payment for retail stock as required, following Marriott cash handling policies.
· Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times.
· Blind Banking procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
· Take golf reservations and ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly
· To assist in general shop and service-related duties (e.g. merchandising, stock control, cleaning)
· Check-in all golfers following the correct audit criteria and support the day to day management of tee times.
· Support the daily management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation, including cleaning, fueling and positioning ensuring that sufficient buggies are available to cater for both that day and following day’s business.
· Regularly monitor and stock the locker facilities, undertake cleaning as required.
· Ensure that all equipment rented and used be guests are sanitized before and after use in accordance to standards.
· Assist with ball control and cleanliness at the Golf Academy/ range.
· Ensure that guidelines, as set by the hotel, are followed in terms of sanitation and safety practices with regards to the customer facing areas in the golf operations, equipment, retail, buggies and confectionary.
· Carry out course marshalling duties.
· Ensure that the Half-Way House is operational, in line with Marriott Standards – if applicable.
· Carry out green fee payment checks with the collection of tickets on the 1st tee.
· Ensure that all golfers are abiding by the rules of the game and course etiquette (replacing divots, raking bunkers etc…) and the dress code.
· Keep play moving at a reasonable pace by following Marriott pace of play guidelines
· Be of assistance to all golfers as requested and report serious on course problems to the golf shop, Golf Operations Supervisor or Director of Golf & Leisure
· Corporate golf day banner management, score card marking, scoreboard updates and any other Corporate / Society Day requests.
· To support the successful running of golf days; including being the host to organizers where required
· To support the effective delivery of member competitions and bookings, including handicap maintenance.
· To Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures at all times.
· To carry out other duties across the hotel as assigned by management that may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained in line with budget and/ or to provide total guest satisfaction.
· To ensure all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours
Those who are qualified, can provide Golf Tuition as per the Marriott Golf Pro Tuition program
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.