Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina , ideally located alongside Dubai's largest private white sand beach, Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is an iconic destination among the most luxurious of Dubai Beach Resorts. Featuring a classic chic decor are subtle purple accents, our 220 Rooms and suites are designed to stimulate your creativity while offering breath-taking views and outstanding resort facilities will enrich your experience.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Engineering is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the physical plant and all of its features, including:
· Day-to-day system operation and maintenance routines
· Preventive maintenance
· Minor and major repairs and improvements
· Support for other operating departments and guest activities
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Ensure that all Laundry equipments are properly maintained and service to upkeep all equipments and to avoid breakdown
· Perform preventive maintenance and completes the turn-over quickly and efficiently in order to satisfy and meet the Guest needs
· Respond to breakdowns of equipment and being available in case of emergency and applying the appropriate action as per Hotel policy and standards
· Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests' and colleagues' health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
· Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
· Develop and maintain inventories of material required;
· Perform maintenance job functions as needed, including but not limited to basic repairs to High Line
· Participate in the winterization and spring start-ups on applicable systems;
· Define and follow Standard Operating Procedures for repair of electrical systems;
· Identify and suggest new approaches or best known methods to foster continuous improvement;
· Perform other duties as assigned, including external street lighting & landscaping maintenance power supply duties.
To move into this position you should have
· High school diploma or GCE general Education Certificate or an equivalent qualification to City and Guilds Electrical technician
· Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks
· 3- 5 years hands-on commercial or industrial electrical experience under a licensed electrician
· Ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical systems with amp meters, voltmeters, tracers, and recording devices
· Ability to read electrical schematics, electrical prints, wiring diagrams, and nameplates
· Ability to troubleshoot variable frequency drives (VFD) drives and controls
· Knowledge of single phase and three phase AC circuits
· Strong understanding of local codes and ordinances
· Ability to use ladders, scaffolding, and/or a scissor lift while performing job duties
· Ability to work with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles
· Able to work alone or in groups
· Able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions, sometimes for extended periods of time
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on an on-call basis as needed
· Team player and highly self-motivated individual
· Experienced in implementing safety procedures in the workplace
· Ability to relate well to the public in a highly-visited public space.
· Middle East Experience is a Plus
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.