Posting Date Feb 03, 2021
Job Number 21009825
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Al Maha a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa Dubai, Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system, verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and activating and issuing room key. Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability. Ensure rates match market codes and that any exceptions are documented. Ensure checks that come from outlets (e.g., Health Club, Retail Shop) are scanned and charged to room.
Assist management in training, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
· Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· MICROS, OPERA, GXP, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
· Flexible and ability to work around the clock
· Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong organization and working to deadline skills
· Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program Deliver trainings
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: Have a thorough knowledge of Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort products and services.
· Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
· Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
· Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
· Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
· Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
· Ensure all require reports are printed, performed and filed according to the standards.
· Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
· Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
· Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences are taken into account
· Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions, amendments and OPERA related matters are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion.
· Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
· Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
· Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
· Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
· Supervise accurate and thorough Bucket Check.
· Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy.
· Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, GXP and other front office related operational software.
· Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
· Participate in the training and development of front desk associates and provide training to associates when necessary
· Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
· Support and practice Empowerment within front office
· Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
· Run the night operations for the hotel; ensure proper closing of the day and delivery of the reports.
· Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
· Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
· Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
· Assuring that all front office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
· Have a thorough knowledge of Visa policy and procedures and assist in absence of visa coordinator.
· Supervise compliance of FO Receptionists in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
· Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
· Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
· Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
· Assist in maintaining of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages within front office department.
· Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
· Be flexible according to the business need
· Have an excellent approach to customer service
· Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.