Posting Date Apr 30, 2021
Job Number 21028467
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Moor Road, Derby, DERBYSHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities. Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Cast Iron Restaurant.
· Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the Heart of the House.
· To liaise with housekeeping as to the daily allocation of rooms.
· To liaise with control as to control of administration procedures, security of reception and floats.
· Knowledge of hotel rates and special rates and the hotels facilities.
· To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations in the absence of the reservation’s agent.
· To operate the telephone, Opera and Micros.
· To understand the banking and change order procedure.
· To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
· To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links with the rest of the hotel.
· Responsible for all payment transactions on the shift and to report and discrepancies.
· To perform all banking as required and in line with cash handling policy.
· All Marriott policies on cash, key and all controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.