Posting Date Apr 30, 2021
Job Number 21041759
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Brisbane Marriott Hotel, 515 Queen Street, Brisbane, QUEENSLAND, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Job Summary :
The role of Front Office – All Rounder will be an ambassador for the hotel and will deliver exceptional service to our valued guests. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to work in all aspects of the Front Office Department including Reception, At Your Service (Switch Board), Night Audit and Concierge, allowing a well-rounded skill set.
· Host our Guests BRILLIANTLY by welcoming all guests using a professional yet friendly manner
· Check-in/Check-out guests, answer calls from both in-house and outside guests .
· Assist with Concierge duties including; Valet parking cars, assisting with guest luggage and deliveries whilst taking a proactive approach to assist the rooms division wherever needed
· Be fully conversant at all times with activities and facilities within the hotel, operating hours, costs, etc., as well as all aspects of Brisbane and its services, specifically tourist attractions, restaurants, theatre, shopping, etc.
· Anticipate guest needs and handle guest inquiries in a helpful and attentive manner
· Handle reservations enquiries and assist with accommodation bookings
· Develop a close and harmonious working relationship with all departments within the hotel
Ideally, you will have:
· Previous experience in a customer-focused position
· Exceptional communication skills with the ability to create personal connections with guests
· Passion for providing exceptional customer service that is above and beyond
· The ability to think quickly on your feet and solve problems promptly
· Ability to effectively work independently and also part of a team
· Positive attitude, great multi-tasker and organised with a great attention to detail
· Flexibility with working shift work and weekends
· An up to date RSA and drivers Licence
What’s in it for you :
This is a great opportunity to learn, develop and advance your career within the largest hotel chain in the world. Marriott aspires to be traveller’s favourite hospitality company, with the most inspired talent in the industry and YOU could be one of our many great talents to join this incredible journey. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
· Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Employees, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
· Employee recognition and training programs
· Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.