At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & JOB CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
Skills and Knowledge unique to this position
· Oversee the daily operation of the Front Desk
· Regularly review room availability situations together with Housekeeping.
· Ensure all Front Desk tasks are complete in a timely manner
· Ensure all brand standards are being followed by the Front Desk Agents
· Monitor room type booking levels and ensure the appropriate allocation of rooms for arrivals as well as communicating on room upgrades to the reception team.
· Ensure optimum occupancy and average rate for the purpose of maximizing revenues.
· Record and hand over to Housekeeping or Security any lost or found items.
· Report any faults or system problems to the IT Department and to follow up where necessary.
· Report any faults or issues guests have risen to the Duty Manager or relevant departments.
· Ensure guest privacy and security, respecting confidential information.
· To be fully conversant with all front office departmental procedures.
· Monitor front desk activities with regards to rebates, refunds, currency exchange, paid outs, billing instructions, discounted rates in compliance with hotel policy.
· Carry out all duties relating to correct billing of revenues, cash control, float balances and credit balances of guests in-house
· To be familiar with hotels guest key systems and procedures.
· To be fully conversant in the local language.
· Along with reservations and accounts manage the pay masters and ensure these are closed in a timely manner
· Respond to all emails to the Shift Leader account in a timely manner
· Establish and monitor effective employee relations.
· Liaise with maintenance and housekeeping on all matters that may concern them.
· Liaise with accounts and reservations on any matters that arise
· Support the Duty Manager to book-out situations.
· To assist in the training of colleagues ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency and productivity.
· Ensure that the highest standards of personal hygiene are maintained.
· Be familiar with Fire, Emergency and Bomb evacuation procedures.
· Stimulate and encourage a general awareness of health and safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
· To be fully conversant with all departmental fire, emergency and bomb procedures and serve as the liaison point in case of emergencies.
· Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Be informed of all relevant matters at all times enabling them to take correct action where necessary.
· Conduct handover briefings to ensure smooth flow of communication between shifts.
· Be on duty as scheduled.
· Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure.
· Ensure new SOPs, standards and processes are communicated and followed through on a daily basis
· To assist with the smooth training of all Starwood Initiatives within the time frames required.
· Perform any related duties and special projects as designated.
INDIVIDUAL / PERSONAL
Service Career Orientation
This role would be a good step for an individual who has experience at Front Desk and wants to develop. They must have a passion for working within the hotel sector. The ideal candidate would be proactive, extroverted and have a proven track record in working at the Front Desk.
· Ensure professional working relationship with all departments of the hotel as main contact person for the daily operation of the Front Office department
·Ensure that guests receive prompt cordial attention and personal recognition.
·Ensure that you are groomed as specified
·To be fully aware of all functions taking place in the hotel at any given time while on duty and to assist with show rounds.
·To be fully aware and cognizant of the style of the hotel and report immediately any faults, defects to the relevant departments.
· Be familiar with all in-house VIP's, regular and long stay guests.
· Handle promptly and courteously all guest comments, complaints, requests or inquiries, by assuring appropriate action is taken or delegate until guest satisfaction has been met and exceeded.
· Create and maintain a personal and respectful rapport with regular guests
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.