Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Swindon is a thriving town which has seen a lot of investment in recent years. It has an economy ranking amongst the top 5 UK cities for performance – but without the price tag of larger cities. Located in the heart of the breath-taking Wiltshire countryside, Swindon has become a popular destination for business and leisure visitors alike. The Swindon Marriott Hotel caters for this mix of travellers by providing modern, state of the art facilities with a personal and friendly service.
With its great transport links and ideal location near the hustle and bustle of the historic Old Town area, it's no wonder that the Swindon Marriott has become a leading hotel in the local area and an outstanding example of the Marriott Hotels brand.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Front Office Department for a Front Desk Clerk to join our team! The role is a full time position of 40 hours. The successful candidate must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you will ideally possess and demonstrate the following qualifications, behaviours, skills and values:
· Previous experience working within a Front Office or similar environment preferred
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Proficient with the use of computer systems
· Good level of English essential
What will I be doing?
· To register guests into the Hotel, taking into account legal requirements, Marriott International Company policies and Marriott standards.
· To be able to assist with guest queries regarding places of interest, such as shopping, entertainment, theatres, restaurants etc.
· To accept parcels, faxes, messages and any other delivery, both for guests and Hotel, as per procedure.
· To be able to assist with queries or requests for information via Front Office e-mail.
· To liaise with Housekeeping regarding early arrivals, day lets, extended stays, early departures, room moves and all other special requests.
· To be familiar with the daily Conference and Events business in the Hotel.
· To handle guest complaints according to the LEARN and empowerment processes, referring to the Shift Leader as appropriate.
· To complete a full and correct shift handover, with Front Office handover sheets completed and filed.
· To be fully versatile with all Hotel facilities and actively promote them.
· To be able to work shifts on a rota basis, normally 07.00 – 15.30 or 15.00 – 23.00. Occasional shifts in other departments, including night shifts, may be required.
What's in it for me?
Giving associates opportunities to grow and succeed is part of the company's DNA. As a company we offer unrivalled career and professional development opportunities.
Some of the fantastic benefits you would be entitled to if you joined Marriott International include:
· Meals on Duty
· Discounted Marriott hotel rates and Food & Beverage
· Earn up to £100 for recommending a friend to work for us
· Reward & Recognition programmes
Apply now to Start your Journey!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.