Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://careers.interstatehotels.com/jobs/1355421-valet-parking-supervisor
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interstate Hotels and Resorts . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE PART OF INTERSTATE HOTELS AND RESORTS
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is a leading, global third-party hotel management company, operating branded full service, select service, luxury hotels, destination resorts, convention centers and lifestyle hotels. Currently, Interstate's global portfolio represents 605 properties in 15 countries inclusive of a committed pipeline of hotels under construction or development around the world.
At the Portland Marriott City Center, the welcome extended to our guests by Valet staff is where a guest's opinion about our hotel is formed. As a Valet Supervisor your care for people sets the tone. You have a natural confidence that put people at ease. Your calm demeanor de-escalates tense situations. Valet Parking can be a straightforward process but you appreciate the detail required to maximize the opportunity to make great first impressions and manage profitably. If working outdoors is all good with you then the Valet Supervisor position at the Portland Marriott City Center may be the position for you.
· Parking is provided for this role.
· As the Valet Supervisor you will:
· Assist in-coming and out-going guests from vehicles.
· Provide outgoing, attentive welcome and farewell.
· Survey condition of vehicles upon arrival and note existing damage.
· Provide secure supervision, storage and delivery of guest belongings.
· Provide information and assist guests concerning: restaurants, theater/musical productions, airlines, automobile, rental, transportation directions, office services, beauty/barber establishments, any other appropriate services and guide guests in obtaining reservations for such.
· Obey traffic laws and avoid parking penalties by managing optimum curb access for vehicles.
· Manage staffing level during shift to ensure proper guest service and cost control balance.
· Monitor use of overflow parking garage/maximize use of hotel garage.
· Direct and lead associates during shift.
· Maintain knowledge of all Emergency Procedures, including guest related responsibilities and evacuation procedures. Assist in the case of an emergency.
Following a job offer, this position requires a satisfactory motor vehicle record check, criminal record check and a pre-employment drug test. Successful candidates must be able to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles. Occasional lifting/pushing of 100 lbs and regular lifting and or pushing of 50 lbs is expected.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.