Posting Date Apr 29, 2021
Job Number 21041444
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Element Detroit at the Metropolitan, 33 John R Street, Detroit, Michigan, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Element Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, AZUL Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
· Patrol hotel premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
· Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
· Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
· To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
· To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
· To maintain the cleanliness of work areas always.
· To practice safe work habits always, to avoid injury to self and others.
· To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
· Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences, along with daily shift reports.
· Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information in conjunction with the front desk when needed.
· Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises if needed.
· All other duties as assigned by your manager or supervisor.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Assist with any guest inquiry.
· Enforce hotel safety standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Chief Engineer.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
· Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the staff member acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Understand the technologies required in the work you are directing
· Plan and direct the work of others, either directly or through supervisors.
· Work with a variety of situations
· Solve problems using facts and personal judgment.
· React quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve large expenditures or the safety of others.
· Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
High school diploma or equivalent required. English fluency required. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and design plans of all trades.
Must have three to five years’ experience in general building trades, with technical building maintenance (commercial) background preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
· Ability to provide and maintain a valid driver’s license as the position may require the operation of motorized and electric vehicles.
· Must have a valid California Guard Card.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.