Posting Date Apr 29, 2021
Job Number 21041419
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville MetroCenter, 100 French Landing Way, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Imagine Hospitality Management, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Imagine Hospitality Management, is currently looking for a highly motivated, positive, well-spoken Hotel Sales Manager for our Marriott & Hilton properties in Nashville, TN. You'll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by identifying and developing business opportunities. The ideal candidate is outgoing, confident, a team player and not afraid to help out in other departments when needed. The applicant must have a passion for serving others, and does so by helping guests and companies to achieve their own business and leisure goals. This position is designed to provide the individual with all the skills and tools needed to develop their sales career path.
As a member of the hotel team, the Sales Manager will be expected to assist with a variety of duties as needed. Therefore, a team-oriented, all hands-on-deck mentality is a necessity for success in this role.
- Be one of the first points of contact for incoming sales calls, and respond in a quick, timely, and professional manner.
- Identify new business opportunities through prospecting calls and knowledge of the local area.
- Implement and direct sales activities, organize site visits, greet and welcome visitors, provide comprehensive tours of guest rooms and public areas, and attend trade shows.
- Be fully knowledgeable of hotel services, amenities, capacities, operational systems, and processes in order to accurately respond to customer questions and requests for information.
- Assure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is received, mailed, emailed and/or filed as required.
- Maintain client database of organizations, individuals, social groups, and corporate businesses.
- Compile and distribute client profiles, and maintain on-going communication regarding client specifications, with hotel department heads to ensure that all service-related needs are fulfilled.
- Coordinate transient & group commitments to ensure proper market mix.
- Review sales statistics & market analysis to formulate policy, determine client needs, occupancy potential, and desired rates.
- The Sales Manager will work together with the General Managers on any local negotiated rate business to maximize opportunities for the hotel to gain new business and loyalty.
- Perform other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as directed.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Maintain a professional working environment, appearance, and attitude.
- 1-2 years' experience with previous hotel experience preferred.
- Polished appearance and demeanor, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in representing the hotel within various business settings, and an ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
- Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with an intrinsic drive to achieve.
- Computer literacy, with the ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications.
- Exceptional service orientation, with a keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor and as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.