Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at - https://sbcos.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SBCOS/job/WA---Residence-Inn---Seattle/Sales-Coordinator_R0012341-1
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stonebridge Companies . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for maintaining and updating sales files in Sales Pro.
· Coordination of all groups as contracted by the sales manager/DOS. Contact and provide appropriate follow-up on all signed/contracted business within five (5) working days. Determine and coordinate all needs of the customer.
· Responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed to exceed the clients expectations.
· Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
Maintains file history.
· Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
· Work with sales personnel to achieve required sales team goals.
· Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions.
· Assist with completing any required sales reports.
· Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
· Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
· Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred. At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred. College course work in a related field helpful.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions. Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
· Computer knowledge required. Excellent knowledge of MS Office programs required.
· The work environment normally entails the following:
· Indoor work environment
· Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.