Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: https://careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/en-US/job/paralegal/J3M54F6H3NMT41JYCTF
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
To perform a variety of administrative, operational and law-related tasks under the direction of the EUME Regional Counsel including substantive legal research, drafting, reviewing and analysing legal documents & business communications.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Liaise with Regional Counsel to determine on-going legal needs of the regional office
· Create, edit, format and review legal documents (e.g. contracts, powers of attorney, correspondence, marketing collateral, etc.)
· Liaise with outside organizations in multiple jurisdictions, including without limitation: (a) outside local counsel; (b) local consultants; (c) government agencies, (d) translation firms and (e) notaries and registries on both substantive legal matters and administrative items such as requesting services, monitoring the timely receipt of the service requested, and settling fees and costs under supervision and guidance of Corporate Counsel
· Undertake legal research as needed
· General administrative support to Regional Counsel
· Typing of documents (e.g. faxes, letters memos, contracts, presentations etc.) using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Receive basic enquiries or requests for documents from other departments and ensure the answer or the document is properly delivered in a timely and efficient manner under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Counsel
· Assist in the communication with other departments and/or outside organisations (organise conference calls, collect and distribute documentation, etc.)
· Prepare and dispatch department correspondence
· Prepare, submit and track expense reports
· Organize and maintain the London Law Department's filing and tracking systems. Utilize own judgement in establishing items for tracking/brought forward for action
· Timely prepare and submit London Law Department reports, e.g. timesheets, holiday forms, sick absence forms etc.
· Take on projects in consultation with the Regional Counsel
· Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met
· Perform other related tasks as assigned by the Regional Counsel
· Demonstrate high level work ethic and awareness of the importance of confidentiality at all times
· Comply with MVCI and MVW policies and procedures
· Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, meeting the needs of the Regional Counsel, internal clients and the business at all times
· Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all customers and associates. Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; accept interpersonal differences and maintain a constructive rapport with all associates and customers
· Maintain a working knowledge of all MVW product lines
· Maintain computer systems knowledge (Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
· Work with all MVW colleagues as a team, supporting the needs within that team and those of the business at all times Working with Others
· Treat all employees and customers with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy and confidentiality.
Policies and Procedures
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Protect the privacy and security of customers and co-workers.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Research questions and problems; refer complex issues to supervisor.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by supervisors.
· Positive Demeanour
· Stress Tolerance
· Team Work
· Customer Service Orientation
· Diversity Relations
· Telephone Etiquette Skills
· English Language Proficiency
· Language skills in Spanish and French an advantage
· Active Listening
· Applied Reading
· Detail Orientation
· Time Management
· Planning and Organizing
· Computer Skills
· Microsoft Office including advanced word processing; basic legal research (Lexis, Westlaw, etc.)
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
· Minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent; paralegal certificate or LPC preferred
Related Work Experience
· Relevant work experience in a previous legal role
This company is an equal opportunity employer.