Posting Date Jan 08, 2021
Job Number 21003198
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, 2345 Mill Road, Alexandria, Virginia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Non-Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Magna Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel. And to Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and fellow staffs.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
· Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
· Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
· Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
· Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
· Update the maintenance work order form/Job card and file them.
· Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
· Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
· Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
· Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
· Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
· Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners/HVAC and AC ducts.
· Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
· Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
· Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
· To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
· To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
· To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
· To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
· Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
· Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
· Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
· Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Engineer.
· Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.