Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at - jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in the Winter 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
· Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
· Free Employee Meals!
· We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
· 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
· Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
· Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
· Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
· We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
· After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
· We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
· ”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
· Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
· Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
· This position is expected to start 1 months prior to opening date
This position is primarily responsible for directing the housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
· Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
· Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment.
· Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
· Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
· Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
· Inspects guestrooms and gives appropriate feedback to housekeepers.
· Performs all duties to subordinates.
Directly supervises up to 20 employees in the Housekeeping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
· Push a room cart filled with all supplies necessary to perform job; up to 50 pounds
· Push a vacuum cleaner
· Reaching high above head (dusting)
· Crouching/kneeling (bathtubs, showers, floors)
· Climbing (some rooms are multi-story & require climbing of stairs)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.