Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aqua-Aston Hospitality . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Load and unload 50 pound washers and dryers with all linens. Separate and sort linens/terry. Fold and deliver supplies as needed for guests, owners, and team members. Properly stock linen rooms and front desk, as required. Maintain laundry dates as required by Housekeeping Manager and Supervisor. Vacuum, mop and clean laundry equipment and housekeeping areas as needed for a successful operation.
· Inspect, sort, soak, wash, dry, and fold all linens/terry. Keep storage areas clean and stocked. May be required to fulfill runner duties, retrieving soiled laundry and re-stocking linen rooms.
· Retrieve soiled laundry from the housekeeping closets and replenish their supply as needed.
· Clean and maintain laundry room and storage areas. Clean dryer filters as needed. Dispose of garbage and boxes daily. Clean dust from washers and dryers as needed. Clean linen/terry carts daily.
· Record the number of loads washed daily.
· Load articles into washer and add specified amount of detergent, soap, or other chemicals as needed.
· Soak contaminated articles in neutralizer solution as needed to pre-treat linen.
· Soak linen as needed in bleach for any and all stain treatment procedures.
· Check and clean all filters on washers and dryers after every load.
· Must prepare linen for next day. Maintain cleanliness of washers and dryers. Ensure that there are no items left in the washer or dryer overnight. All linen must be neatly folded and properly put away before leaving shift.
· Assist in weekly and monthly inventory or as seen needed by the Housekeeping Manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English proficiently.
· Professional laundry experience preferred.
· Must understand and be able to use a scale for measuring weights.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.