Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at :- http://JWSavannahJobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
"Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
· Free Employee Meals!
· We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
· Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
· 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
· Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
· Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
· Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
· Discounted Bus Passes
· We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
· After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Enjoy the Holidays! We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
· ”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
· Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
· Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date*****
The Kitchen Supervisor may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist with menu creation and daily specials. The position will provide supervision over preparation, flavoring and the cooking process. The Kitchen Supervisor may also assist with ordering food supplies and equipment, making schedules, setting prices, organizing records and tracking cost percentages.
Assists with supervision of kitchen staff and quality of food items prepared.
· Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
· Understands, follows and enforces all policies and procedures.
· Meets or exceeds industry standards for the preparation, serving and storing food.
· Prepares meals according to recipe in a regular and consistent manner.
· Assigns duties as needed.
· Ensure that food preparation is completed for the next shift.
· Accurately completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning lists.
· Assists with training of kitchen Grand Performers.
· Records production and waste on a regular and consistent basis.
· Assists with accurate counting and inventory.
· Assists with scheduling if directed.
· Assists with menu creation and daily specials.
· Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the culinary team.
· Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions.
· To maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
· To practice safe work habits at all times and to avoid injury to self and others.
· To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
· To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
· Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
· Experience / Education / Certifications:
· Food handlers permit required.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must have 2 years experience in a leadership or supervisory role in a full service kitchen.
· Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation standards and inventory and control systems.
The majority of time will be spent in kitchen. The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is constantly required to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 35 pounds, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel."
· Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with guests, leadership and fellow Grand Performers.
· Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
· Must be able to lead, direct, budget and schedule staff and resources."
This company is an equal opportunity employer.