Posting Date Apr 28, 2021
Job Number 21040905
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler, 4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Impact You’ll Make:
Our Quality Keepers know that the countless small details end up making a big impression on our customers. It’s their organization, attention to detail and overall care for their work that reinforces our position as the world’s leading hospitality company.
As a Room Attendant in our dynamic Housekeeping team, you will be responsible for ensuring our guest rooms are cleaned in accordance with established quality and performance standards. You will clean both stay over and check out rooms and liaise with the Housekeeping Coordinator to ensure rooms are ready for new guest arrivals.
The Wellness You Deserve:
· We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
· Team-spirited coworkers & encouraging management
· Learning and development opportunities
· Reward and Recognition Programs
· Staff Accommodation (based on availability)
· Enjoy Discounted Hotel stays with Marriott ‘Explore’ Program
· Complimentary Staff Meal
What we are looking for:
· A warm, people-oriented demeanor
· A team-first attitude
· High attention to detail and a drive to get things done
What you will do:
· Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
· Make beds and fold sheets.
· Remove trash, dirty linens and room service items.
· Greet guests and take care of requests.
· Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances.
· Dust, polish and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
· Vacuum carpets and floor care duties.
· Clean and reset guest bedroom, bathroom, and balcony areas according to established standards.
· Perform deep cleaning of the rooms and public areas when required.
· Organize and stock cleaning cart and organize linen closets on floors assigned.
· Complete any assigned paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
· Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
· Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
· Assist other housekeeping associates in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
· Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC.
· Report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries to their supervisor as soon as possible.
· Set a good safety example.
· All other duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.