Posting Date Apr 27, 2021
Job Number 21040367
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Aloft Chicago Mag Mile, 243 East Ontario Street, Chicago, Illinois, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Tishman Hotel Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Guest Service Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include registering guests, making, and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Must have Lightspeed experience.
· Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Guest Service Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
· Guest Service Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
· Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
· Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Tishman standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Always comply with Tishman standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Always maintain a friendly and warm demeanor.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Tishman standards.
· Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Tishman performance standards are met.
· Handle requests for information, mail, and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
· Answer guest inquiries about hotel service, facilities, and hours of operation.
· Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Follow all Tishman credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages, and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
· Be familiar with all Tishman policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
· Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
· Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Employees must always be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Attend meetings as required by management.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.