Posting Date Jan 11, 2021
Job Number 21003759
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky, 6220 Milan Road, Sandusky, Ohio, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Lodging Industry, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Oversees the management of the entire hotel staff in order to meet financial goals and uphold customer satisfaction. The General Manager ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in order to uphold company and brand standards. Responsible for keeping the property in compliance with all brand standards.
• Leads the management of the hotel staff in such a way to increase hotel profitability and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, training, work direction, and performance management of all employees. Also tasked with creating a motivating work environment to allow for development of employees.
• Contributes to the successful development of the Assistant General Manager and/or Front Desk Manager and other direct reports.
• Oversees the activities of all staff members in order to ensure adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
• May review all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands.
• Conducts all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings.
• Oversees annual salary review and ensures that all employee wages follow federal, state, and local wage and hour guidelines.
• Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
• Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
• Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
• Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Fills in for vacant shifts as needed.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as needed.
• Previous experience as a hotel General Manager, Assistant General Manager, or Front Desk Manager highly preferred.
• 2+ years of management or supervisory experience required.
• Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
• Must possess leadership skills to motivate and train staff to ensure accomplishment of goals.
• Must have solid long-range planning and development skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to work a flexible schedule.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.