Posting Date Jan 05, 2021
Job Number 21001564
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location West Kelowna TPS-F, One Marriott Drive, Westbank, British Columbia, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, ABC Group Hotels Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Our newly built TownePlace Suites by Marriott Okanagan in West Kelowna is looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff and operations of the business. The successful candidate will hire their own team for all areas of the hotel.
General Manager responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise. Ultimately, you’ll help our company grow and thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Property Management and Leadership through daily meetings, organization and direct training of associates.
• Ensures compliance with the management company and franchise standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, and room rates.
• Delivers outstanding guest service and financial performance.
• Delegates authority and assigns responsibility to all employees; supervises work activities of all employees.
• Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures.
• Allocates funds authorizes expenditures and assists, departmental managers, in budget planning.
• Monitors cost controls for each department on a regular basis.
• Inspects guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
• Answers patrons' complaints and resolves problems to maintain Guest Satisfaction.
• Handles and resolves employee issues.
• Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures
• Ensures bank deposits are made daily, including weekends and holidays.
• Ensures employee paperwork, work schedules and payroll are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Audits daily reports and processes monthly reports.
• Order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance with company procedures
Required Skills and Experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a hotel General Manager, assistant General Manager or Supervisor.
• Ideal candidate will have a sound background in sales, operations, yield management, financial reporting and delegation.
• This is an excellent opportunity for a proven leader looking for a quality, team-oriented, profitable property.
• Highly energetic and motivated individual.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Associate’s degree or higher level of education preferred but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
• Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
• Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
• Adaptable to change
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.