Posting Date Apr 30, 2021
Job Number 21041857
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain, 220 Gord Canning Drive, Blue Mountains, ONT, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Intrawest. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of Service Express/Front Office. The Front Office Manager has complete oversight responsibilities for the Front Desk department, including Manager’s on Duty, Guest Experience Supervisor, Westin Experience Specialists, Service Express Agents, Guest Experience Platform (GXP) Team, Welcome Ambassadors and Service Express Attendants.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Ensure a smooth operation and seamless guest experience. Ensures that this direction is communicated to and coordinated by Supervisors, trainers and front-line employees. Plans and organizes for business on the books several weeks ahead.
- Provides oversight of all Front Office processes and procedures, including (but not limited to) check-out with balance, guest damage, guest compensation, guest room assignment and adherence to revenue distribution protocols, repeat guest recognition initiatives, emergency preparedness and response.
- Manages GuestVoice and coordinates responses to guest feedback Alerts within the Brand required 48 hours. Suggests appropriate solutions enhancing positive guest experiences.
- Identifies gaps in Service Express staffing and provides recommendations to assist with the recruiting effort. Supports Manager’s on Duty with managing associate performance. Collaborates with designated Front Desk Ambassadors to ensure that onboarding and training is effective and relevant. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate associates to achieve resort goals.
- Recommends measures to improve work methods, technology, quality of product or service and working conditions.
- Ensure that there is strong knowledge and understanding of the day to day Westin Brand/Marriott standards and procedures. Front Office Manager collaborates with Hotel Manager and other Department Leaders, assuring - - Brand compliancy and alignment to the Marriott Brand Standard Audit (BSA). Hotel Manager will continue to be the key driver in implementing new operating projects and processes, such as Mobile Key & Commitment to Clean. FOM will provide support when required.
- Controls labour, ensures expenses are in-line with business volumes, effectively supplies pertinent and strategic commentary to assist in yearly budget process and optimizes revenue potentials.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- 2 years of previous leadership experience
- Completion of college diploma. Hospitality, Business and/or Leadership program preferred.
- Proven ability to lead with the Delivers Great Experiences philosophy; natural ability to coach/motivate staff, strives to provide a high level of service excellence, creative thinker who is able to provide personalized service to employees/guests.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Well organized and able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Proven track record of producing tangible and measurable results
- Ability to recognize areas of opportunity for improvement, and take self-directed action to correct
- Previous experience with account management and budgeting would be an asset
- Computer knowledge required – Word, Excel, Outlook. Lightspeed and/or various Marriott software knowledge is an asset
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com .
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.