Posting Date Apr 23, 2021
Job Number 21038993
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, 4210 West Airport Freeway, Irving, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Savoy Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Greet guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Process guest registrations, maintaining the property management system with the most up-to-date information and quickly and accurately entering guest information. Provide quick and efficient check-in and checkout experiences for guests. Greet each and every guest with a smile, however busy and whatever time of day.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
1) Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
2) To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
1) Hospitality demands a flexible schedule that may require extended hours as business requires – on any day at any hour, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
1) High School Diploma or Equivalent
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Report to work when scheduled, on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform with standard.
2) Handle all duties according to hotel policies and procedures.
3) Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check log books and bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
4) Get a daily briefing about extraordinary events to effectively deal with all foreseen situations.
5) Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
6) Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
7) Follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently.
8) Operate property management software to complete all tasks, including taking same-day reservations.
9) Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all guests.
10) Be knowledgeable about brand Rewards and other frequent traveler programs.
11) Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as quickly as possible, within 3 rings.
12) Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
13) Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Utilize spare time for cleaning. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
14) Assist all guests with problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved to their satisfaction.
15) Carefully study emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
16) Use your systems passwords with discretion; log off the terminal when leaving the area. Do not at any time share your password with others or use another Associate’s passwords to log on to any system.
17) Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
18) Ensure proper credit when checking out guests and provide the guests with a $0 balance invoice.
19) Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly.
20) It is mandatory to keep cash banks locked so the cash is secured.
21) Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
22) At all times strive to represent the Company and hotel brand in the most professional manner.
23) Be disciplined at all times, stand alert and tall at the front desk, greet guests immediately and offer assistance before the Guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention to the customers.
24) Be familiar with the AM, PM and overnight daily checklists to ensure smooth daily operations, and cross-train in other department areas as needed.
25) Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
Performance shall be measured by achievement of:
1) Guest Satisfaction – Brand Reward Member goal
2) Guest Satisfaction – Check-In Experience goal
This company is an equal opportunity employer.