Posting Date Apr 29, 2021
Job Number 21041453
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Element Detroit at the Metropolitan, 33 John R Street, Detroit, Michigan, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Element Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, AZUL Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Perform in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner, a combination of duties related mainly to guests needs, including but not limited to; registration, checkout and cashiering thereby contributing to an overall pleasant and positive guest experience.
· Guests are greeted and welcomed upon arrival.
· Guests are handled both courteously and professionally. If applicable, acknowledge reward memberships. Welcome and farewell procedures are completed with every guest. Verification of proper identification, input of personal information, and credit are established. Accurate posting of charges and payments. Components of rate schedules and packages are delivered.
· Review current days arrival reports. Check all special request reservations to ensure that the room is blocked per request, VIPs identified, billing is set up correctly, deposits are taken, and other departments are notified of room assignment.
· Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel meetings.
· Ensure awareness of special promotions, daily activities, arriving VIPs, Group/Conferences in house, special requests, and scheduled shuttles.
· Practice safe work habits and ensure safe work practices to avoid injury to self and others.
· Ensure all privacy and security protocols are followed as well as departmental and company procedures.
· Answer all calls by three rings and correctly transfer all calls to appropriate departments.
· Confer and cooperate with other departments to ensure coordination of guest needs. Logging of all guest requests and room defects in the appropriate system. Follow up with guest on after the completion of requests and repairing of any defects to ensure resolution to their satisfaction.
· Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services, registration, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
· Knowledgeable of all special hotel accommodation promotions and packages for all hotel outlets.
· Recognition of repeat guests and familiarization of corporate accounts.
· Correctly handling cash transactions and balancing a cash drawer to the given amount.
· Maintain lobby cleanliness and organization.
· Accept payment for guests accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate reports of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
· Maintain an extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities. Along with a general knowledge of the city where the hotel is located and its attractions.
· Assist in booking reservations.
· Assist with handling mail, packages, facsimiles, and guest items.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Assist with any guest inquiry.
· Enforce hotel safety standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
· Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
· Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills. Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the staff member acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
· Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
· Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
· High School completion or an equivalent level of education and experience.
· Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
· Not Applicable
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.