Posting Date Apr 27, 2021
Job Number 21040381
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Kansas City Marriott Downtown, 200 W 12th St, Kansas City, Missouri, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Raphael Hotel Group (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Ensure quick and efficient food service to all guests, create personal connections, ensure guest satisfaction all the while being a Safe, Thoughtful, Dynamic and Polished host.
1. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation
2. Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
3. Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
4. Answer questions on menu selections.
5. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
6. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
7. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
8. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
9. Present accurate check to guest and process all payment methods.
10. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
11. Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
12. Complete opening and closing duties and side work, including but not limited to, setting tables & stations, restocking items, turning on/off lights, etc.
13. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications
14. Abide by State, Federal and Corporate regulations pertaining to alcoholic beverages and food safety
15. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
16. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
17. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
18. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
19. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
20. Perform other projects and duties as assigned by Supervisors and Managers.
1. Prior food service experience is required, casual dining experience is preferred.
2. Must be able to obtain a Missouri Liquor Card
This company is an equal opportunity employer.