Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : www. jwsavannahjobs.com
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannahs historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any otherâ€”where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, its actively encouraged. Were seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as :
· Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
· Free Employee Meals!
· We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
· 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
· Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
· Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
· Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
· We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
· After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
· We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
· Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
· Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
· Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
****This position is expected to start 3 months prior to opening date****
Purpose / Objective
The Administrative Assistants primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to Vice President of Operations by proactively communicating, responding to questions and requests, solving problems, providing information, maintaining and organizing data, and protecting the integrity of all parties. They are to demonstrate Kessler Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enriching and Relentless as well as Service Standards at all times with guests and staff to ensure a positive experience.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
· Conducts themselves in a highly ethical and professional manner maintaining confidentiality and protecting the integrity of the Kessler Collection.
· Maintains confidentiality and security of hotel and Grand Performer information, correspondence, reports and files.
· Provides timely communication and promotes positive relations with Grand Performers, Guests and Vendors.
· Prepares and sends correspondence as required by VP of Operations; receive and distribute correspondence to appropriate personnel.
· Prepares correspondence, memos and reports as assigned according to hotel standards.
· Ensures appropriate follow up with VP of Operations.
· Maintains complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, computers and manual systems.
· Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all hotel and department policies and procedures.
· Displays a professional and organized work station, maintaining cleanliness throughout shift.
· Completes supply requisitions and submits to VP of Operations; stocks office supplies upon receipt.
· Answers telephone within 3 rings and records messages legibly and completely using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
· Makes telephone calls to specified individuals as requested by the VP of Operations.
· Greets all individuals arriving at executive offices courteously and assists with their needs.
· Checks guests in and out of PMS.
· Maintains filing and filing procedures.
· Updates and distributes The Kessler Connection daily.
· Processes requests for overnight mail and other delivery/messenger services as well as retrieves and distributes property mail.
· Codes invoices in accounting system.
· Forwards all guest comment cards to the VP of Operations; prepares response letters and follows up as requested per standard procedures.
Marketing & Social Media:
· Manage day-to-day social media channels and maintain customer relationships for online communities across multiple platforms.
· Social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
· Develop and utilize a social media editorial calendar based on digital marketing and brand initiatives.
· Stay abreast and provide an understanding of all property marketing initiatives, including events, community outreach, advertising, promotions and press.
· Implement and manage social media campaigns as developed by Kessler Corporate Marketing.
· Complete all SysAid marketing requests with proper information and submit within designated timelines. Monitor through process to completion.
· Responsible for property marketing materials coordinating with Corporate Marketing; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
· Request and provide updated photography from various events to Kessler Corporate Marketing.
· Day-to-day monitoring of property website for updated information and providing changes to Kessler Corporate Marketing in a timely manner.
· Participate in weekly PR calls and submission of ideas for PR agency of record on behalf of property.
· No direct reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
· Proven experience providing effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Ability to create, update and distribute routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively and professionally with individuals or groups inside and outside of the organization
· Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and act efficiently and with urgency
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at any given time
Work Environment / Conditions
· Must be comfortable working in shared spaces
· Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration
· The majority of time will be spent indoors
Minimum Qualifications ( Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
· Degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience required
· 1+ years of Executive Assistant or similar experience required
· Marketing and/or Social Media administration experience highly preferred
· Hospitality industry experience - preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.