Posting Date Jan 05, 2021
Job Number 21001571
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Houston Marriott Sugar Land, 16090 City Walk, Sugar Land, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Remington Lodging and Hospitality, LP. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Director of Sales administers, directs, manages and controls the sales and marketing department to maximize sales revenue for the hotel and ensure an aggressive approach by all sales staff to meet budgeted goals and key hotel drivers.
While the Director of Sales reports directly to the General Manager, the Regional Sales and Marketing Manager will interface and assist in the direction of the Sales and Marketing function at the property
*This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong business communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• 3 years proven hotel sales experience, demonstrating proven creative thinking and results driven leadership skills
• High work ethic and self-initiative
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
• Some travel may be required
• Regular attendance according to established guidelines
• May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property
• Must possess basic computational ability
• Focus and maintain attention to tasks, and complete work assignments on time despite frequent interruptions
• Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
• Ability to participate in, and at times lead departmental and/or hotel team meetings
This company is an equal opportunity employer.