Posting Date Jan 04, 2021
Job Number 21000737
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea Autograph Collec, 184 Adolphus Street, Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, New Castle Hotels, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
You are the chief bottle washer in F&B, heading the entire F&B operation. You are the Director of Food & Beverage and you lead one of the larger departments -- if not the largest department -- in the hotel. You have proven yourself as an expert in restaurant, lounge and catering operations and can lead a culinary department, as food is your passion. You understand what it takes to deliver a great dining experience while also delivering a great bottom line result.
In the role of Director of Food & Beverage you will:
• Be Responsible for All Things Food & Beverage - your responsibilities include being accountable for all food outlets, lounges, banquet areas, room service and the kitchen. The managers and supervisors as well as the staff from these areas will report to you. It is your job to ensure a safe work environment for your team while delivering a Wow experience.
• The Visionary -- you see and know how to deliver successful and modern food & beverage marketing programs. You keep up with trends and understand what is cutting edge as well as what guests want and expect from our operations. You understand that the Executive Chef and Catering Sales teams are your partners when it comes to menu planning and creating guest experiences, an ever evolving process. It is your role to ensure that both in-house and local clientele choose your hotel for their dinners and special events so revenues -- and thus profits -- are maximized.
• Walk the Talk -- get out and inspect the areas you are responsible for. Identify departments that deserve kudos as well as those areas that need training, maintenance, or some other improvement. While out, talk to guests and to staff to ensure all is going as it should, actively listening for where you can help / improve the experience. You should know your team and they should know you.
• Be a Finance Guru -- you understand proper staffing, budget and forecast management and you focus on these areas every day. You set the standards, policies and procedures and then keep a pulse on operational and financial performance. You actively participate in the budget process. You are proactive vs. simply reactive so as to ensure all the areas reporting to you are accurately forecasting for optimal staff and inventory levels and at the same time maximizing profit, all the while delivering an exceptional guest experience.
• Be the Manager on Duty - if requested.
At least three years of progressive experience in food & beverage management in a resort of hotel is required with college coursework and prior supervisory experience preferred. To be successful in this role, you must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English. You must be able to professional deal with difficult situations and people. You will regularly use a computer and various software programs and must have certified alcohol training
This company is an equal opportunity employer.