Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stevens Holtze Corporation d/b/a Stout Street Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Magnolia Hotel Career Experience
The Magnolia Hotel career experience is a partnership of your talents, skills and personality with our resources, service success and professional standards. Our facilities exhibit the beauty of historic preservation furnished with modern styling. We are not a collection of workers in a mass of square footage. We are entrepreneurs in a unique environment of our own creation. We are committed to service to our guests, employees and community. Every employee in the Hotel will touch success. We are diverse in opinion, culture and life experiences.
Duties & Functions of the Controller
· The Controller will manage all accounting functions, cash control and revenue reporting for the Hotel. As Accounting touches every department in the Hotel the Controller position is a hub position in Hotel operations. Highlights of the Controllers duties and functions include:
· Income audits, revenue reports, and accounting management functions of the Hotel. Produce daily revenue and labor reports. Oversee period closing in all areas and produce preliminary and final P&L reports in a timely manner. Ensure taxes are paid on time, and required licenses are current and renewed in a timely manner. Hotel checks are accurately coded, batched, printed and signed with authorized signatures. Manage department handling of payroll, A/P, A/R, cash drops, deposits, night audit reports, and credit card reports. Ensure purchase orders and invoices are properly coded.
Desired Qualifications for the Controller
The comprehensive skill set for the Controller must closely align to the duties and functions of the position.
The desired qualifications of the Controller include:
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Experience as a. Controller in a hotel or resort with annual revenues exceeding 5 million dollars. Knowledge and application of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry. Experience with compiling budgets, annual financial plans, period closing reports, income statements and tax reports.
· Magnolia Hotels Offerings
· We believe our career experience offers opportunities for professional success. We like to couple the professional success by offering benefits for personal enrichment such as:
· Medical, dental and vision health plans after 30 days. 401k profit sharing plan - 100% match up to 5%. Paid Time Off and paid holidays. Educational assistance program. Student Loan Repayment. Complimentary shift meal. Discounted parking or free public transportation pass. Charitable Donation Match. Success Incentive bonus program.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.