Posting Date Jan 06, 2021
Job Number 21002227
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon Area, 2175 Gordon Highway, Augusta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Shaner Hotel Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering department to include the proper operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repair of all heating ventilation, refrigeration and mechanical equipment. The selected candidate must develop, coordinate and monitor a maintenance program to ensure safety, security and comfort to all team members and guests. Tasks also include leadership, training and managing of all engineering/security associates in accordance with the standards of Shaner Hotels and franchise (if applicable.)
· Minimum of two years of experience in a large facility or hotel; relative franchise experience a plus.
· HVAC, Pool Maintenance, and CPR Certification are preferred.
· Training in refrigeration, plumbing, and electrical is a must.
· Knowledge of all mechanical equipment critical to the operation of the building; proper chemical handling and disposal.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.