Posting Date Apr 29, 2021
Job Number 21041457
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Element Detroit at the Metropolitan, 33 John R Street, Detroit, Michigan, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Element Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, AZUL Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage all aspects of the food production for outlets, including food preparation according to the description. Adhere to sanitation practices.
· Read menu to estimate food requirements and helps Executive Chef order food from supplier or procures it from storage.
· Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
· Prepare food items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using variety or kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare foods.
· Set up station with predetermined mise en place required to service all functions.
· Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Consult with Executive Chef on a daily basis as well as with other departments that are directly related to all functions.
· Participate, support and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continuous improvement in networking.
· All other duties assigned by Managers and Supervisors.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
· Assist with any guest inquiry.
· Enforce hotel safety standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to supervise line staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
· Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
· Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
· Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between line staff and Restaurant Manager.
· Ability to create recipes and support material, i.e., recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
· High school or equivalent education required.
· One to three years culinary experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
· State required food handlers certification card, if applicable
· All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.