Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Diamond Hotels Canada Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Your overall responsibility is to assist in the delivery of all meeting and Food & Beverage functions held by the hotel in keeping with the standards as prescribed by management. The position is primarily concerned with the front of house activities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Co-ordinate service of all Food & Beverage and Meeting functions
· Assist the Conference & Events Manager with scheduling of staff based on upcoming events. You will be the point of contact for scheduling needs/cancellation of shifts.
· Develop strong relationship through appropriate communication and professional interactions with clients and staff
· Coordinate the ordering of non-alcoholic beverages and linen needs for upcoming events
· Program lobby reader boards on a daily basis
· Ensure that each function is set-up according to hotel standards and client requests
· Preparing bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits
· Greeting clients on their arrival and orienting them with the facilities
· Assisting in the training of all Banquet Staff
· Ensure all Banquet rooms and storage areas are clean at all times and kept in proper condition according to company standards
· Perform duties of a Porter/Server as required
· All other duties as assigned
Completion of a college diploma in related area or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years hotel management experience
· Proven leadership skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Must pay attention to detail and be a team player
· Must be flexible to work any shift
This company is an equal opportunity employer.