Posting Date Jan 07, 2021
Job Number 21002799
Job Category Administrative
Location Hotel Vin Autograph Collection, 215 East Dallas Road, Grapevine, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Coury Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Assistant General Manager, Director of Operations, Hotel Manager assists the General Manager in promoting, managing, and coordinating the daily operations of the hotel. This position assists in implementing and communicating company policies and standards as well as providing excellent customer service.
Operational Management Duties
• Assists the General Manager in leading the departmental teams in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies.
• Oversees the rooms division and food & beverage outlets & other hotel departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
• Assists the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Monitors and maintains the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
Management of the Guest Experience
• Assists in providing leadership to all hotel associates and inspiring them to achieve the hotel’s customer service goals and objectives.
• Attentive to guest satisfaction scores and works toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction. Creates specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
• Assists with Guest Service Training, including training on Service Recovery, creating service “wow’s” and opportunities to upsell and cross-sell.
Employee and Manager Relations
• Assists with interviewing, selection, training, scheduling, coaching and support of associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established hotel standards and consistent with our hotel core values.
• In conjunction with General Manager, sets clear performance expectations for managers and staff.
• Works with HR to ensure orientations and trainings are completed in a timely fashion.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition.
• Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
• Stays readily available and approachable for all employees. Practices open door policy. Involves HR when appropriate and in a timely manner.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
• Ensures the hotel is meeting all quality standards including customer service, check-in/reservation process, safety and security/loss prevention, coffee service/breakfast, maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry standards.
• Serve on the hotel’s safety committee.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
• Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving history subject to company approval.
• The ability to demonstrate leadership and a professional image to associates and guests.
• Strong management skills: ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• A serious contender for upward mobility potential; to pivot to the GM role in one (1) to three (3) years.
• Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
Minimum of 7 years of career progression in a hotel operations role with a strong emphasis on food & beverage. The ability to relocate is needed.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.