Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://JWSavannahJobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
*****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date*****
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Front Office Manager is to support the Front Office Manager by leading the team in executing guest service related responsibilities in order to create an exceptional experience for our guests. The incumbent is responsible for providing hospitable service involving all guest interactions, anticipating their needs, solving problems, and coaching and training staff to exceed our guests' expectations. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Front Office in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
· Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Oversee the operations of the Front Office department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
· Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
· Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
· Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
· Maintain the integrity of our guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
· Understand and follow laws and regulations
· Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
· Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
· Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
· Perform all Front Office related tasks to Company standards
· Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
· Conduct effective daily stand- up meetings
· Provide ongoing recognition per the Company recognition program
· Maintain a safe work environment. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
· Work closely with Front Office Manager, direct reports and other departmental managers to identify and resolve operational issues
· Have a valid driver's license and good driving record (for properties that provide valet service)
· Attend required training and meetings.
· Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data
· All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned Supervisory Responsibilities
· Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
· Front Office Supervisors
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
· Image & Presence : Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
· 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
· Service : Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
· Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
· Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
· Performance : Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
· ALIGN Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
· Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
· Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
· Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
· ENGAGE Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
· Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
· Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
· Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
· EXECUTE Prepared and punctual for all meetings
· Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
· Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
· Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
· Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
· ACCOUNTABLE Improve professional competency and property/location performance
· Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
· Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
· Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
Key Partnerships :
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
Front Office Manager
Property OPS team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree – required
2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Experience with Opera – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to implement and uphold service standards
Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.