Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Affirmed Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in ensuring clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of guest rooms and common areas of the hotel; while always upholding and exceeding the Marriott Standards and a high level of professionalism.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists Executive Housekeeper in directing the work activities of housekeeping staff.
· Supervises housekeeping staff
· Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleaning according to Marriott Stand
· Provides training (including safety training) and conducts meetings with all housekeeping personnel as directed by management.
· Distributes keys and work assignments to staff.
· Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping services or equipment.
· Completes inventory of supplies and equipment as directed as well as purchasing, approving and coding invoices.
· Clerical work such as responding to emails in a timely manner.
· Assists Executive Housekeeper in the selection of Housekeeping personnel.
· Reports any maintenance requests to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log.
· Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms.
· Assumes functions of Housekeeper as necessary.
· In charge of all lost and found items storing and logging items to be returned to guests
· All other duties as assigned.
· Applicants must be able to read, write and fluently speak the English Language. Bilingual in English and in Spanish is preferred
· Ability to always ensure Marriott Brand Standards are being followed
· All applicants must be detail oriented, with hands on leadership skills
· Ability to appropriately assign/delegate work to others in the accomplishment of goals. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
Must also be able to Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
This company is an equal opportunity employer.