Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at -
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
General Summary of Duties:
The Assistant Director of Finance will manage the day-to-day operation of the accounting office and assist the property Director of Finance in providing financial leadership to the business. Primary responsibilities include; financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control. Assists with capital expenditure plans (Return On Investment Analysis), owner relations and owner reporting.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following):
· Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
· Submit reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines
· Ensure profits and losses are documented accurately
· Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
· Monitor all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued
· Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data
· Maintain a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks
· Generate and review financial reports that are linked to the plan financial goals
Managing Projects and Policies :
· Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
· Ensure that the P&L is accurate (i.e., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
· Reconcile balance sheet and ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs
· Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
· Produce accurate and timely financial reports to support effective decision making
· Ensure compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
· Ensure tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued
· Document tax exempt transactions
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge :
· Demonstrate knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes
· Uss computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information
· Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
· Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job
· Provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities
Proving Financial Information and Guidance to Others :
· Inform and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner
· Provide on going analytical support (e.g., monitoring the operating department actual and projected sales and profit and coache management team to ensure financial goals are met and opportunities are identified and addressed)
· Orient property managers to the accounting function and coaches to effectively manage their departments financial performance
· Provide meaning or context to the financial results
· Advise the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
· Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
· Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
· Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
· A minimum of four years experience in Accounting management in a hospitality environment
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related major required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.