Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at: JWSavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in late 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah's historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it's actively encouraged. We're seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As an Associate, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
· Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
· Free Employee Meals
· We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
· Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
· 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
· Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
· Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
· Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
· Discounted Bus Passes
· We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
· 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
· Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
· ”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
· Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
· Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 2 months prior to opening date*****
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Director of Finance is to function as the support for the property Controller and hotel's strategic financial business leader. Assistant Controller will implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotel's target guest and property Grand Performers. The incumbent is responsible for assisting the provision of financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the hotel service strategy and initiatives while maximizing the return on investment to the owners. The incumbent is responsible for the execution of a business plan (annual budget) that is aligned with the hotel and company's business strategy and focuses on the performanceof financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the hotel in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
· Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
· Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information.
· Audits invoices against purchase orders
· Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
· Attend required training and meetings
· Maintain a neat and organized work area
· Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
· Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
· Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
· Assists Director of Finance with projects as needed
· Assist Director of Finance in preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification
· Works with the executive team to develop and maintain an accurate financial forecast
· Assist Director of Finance to provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
· Partners with and advises the Director of Finance and other leaders on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
· Analyzes financial data and market trends
· Assist Director of Finance ensures appropriate corrective actions are made based on internal/external audit results
· Monitor, supervise and prepare month-end account reconciliation's and analysis
· Reviews payroll records to ensure accuracy and proper coding in line with budgeted labor
· Assist Director of Finance oversee the Labor Productivity program to prevent unnecessary use of labor
· Ensure systems in place by the Director of Finance are executed and appropriate controls are continuously in place to manage business risks
· Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures
· Assist Director of Finance oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes
· Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability
· Communicates financial concepts in a clear, persuasive, and professional manner that drives desired behaviors
· Assist Director of Finance in providing Department Heads and Managers/Supervisors training on the various financial systems
· Assist Director of Finance in the facilitation of financial and labor critique meetings with the management team
· Assists other departments with unresolved guest billing issues and issues involving cash, credit cards, invoices, etc.
· Spot checks inventory counts to ensure accuracy of inventory extension
· Research inventory discrepancies when costs deviate from budget and trends
· All other duties planned assigned, planned or un-planned
· Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
· Property Accounting Staff
Standards & Culture
· Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
· Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
· 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
· Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
· Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
· Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
· Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
· Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
· Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
· Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
· Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively with groups of guests and Grand Performers
· Ability to manage time, prioritize and work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
· Ability to meet critical deadlines.
· Knowledge of accounting and computer software such as excel and word
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
This company is an equal opportunity employer.