Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE "BEST OF CLASS"
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company that is well-known for achieving insurmountable success that break all barriers.
Our prestigious Westin Houston Medical Center which is arriving early in 2020 is seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer with a strong and proven background as an Assistant Chief Engineer. If you are a match for the qualities and skills below, we would like to review your resume and your background.
· You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely people oriented, highly disciplined.
· You have an uncanny ability to effectively communicate.
· You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
· You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
· You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
The Assistant Chief Engineer reports directly to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for ongoing training of the engineer team as well as timely execution of work orders and the quality and execution of all the preventative maintenance programs. The Assistant Chief Engineer must fully comply with all hotel safety, standards, brand standards and OSHA requirements.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Engineering department along with the Director of Engineering. The Assistant Chief Engineer must ensure that the Engineering department is continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on the Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our Pearl touch points at all times. The Engineering department must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Assistant Chief Engineer must ensure that our associates and customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Technical Skills Required:
· HVAC / PTAC experience
· General Electrical
· General Carpentry
· General Plumbing
· General Mechanical
· Foster the Pearl culture
· Passion and commitment to the department at an ownership level
· Oversee and teach associates to inspire loyalty
· Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as the Pearl standards and procedures
· Ensure hotel maintenance and cleanliness is maintained to the highest level with attention to detail
· Maintain effective and open communication
· Foster teamwork
· Control cost through execution of timely inventories and par controls
· Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
· Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
· Service hotel pool within the guidelines of the health department with proper documentation
· Maintain property in accordance with fire, building and health codes
· Operation of heavy equipment
· Daily and ongoing hotel preventative maintenance program execution
· Attention to detail is a must for PM's detail to ensure the highest quality standards
· Train Maintenance Engineers to deliver the best product at the highest standards
· Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
· Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
· Treat guest, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
· Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
· Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
· Execute annual inspections of fire extinguishers, elevators, fire equipment and all required equipment
· Execute PM's on all hotel equipment in a timely manner to ensure safety and asset care
· Execute all work orders in a timely manner with follow-up when needed
· Execute Maintenance department in compliance with hotel and brand standards
· Ensure all Maintenance Engineers are trained on "Lock Out Tag Out" procedure
· Must be able to provide clear and concise direction
· Be able to work under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
· Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times with nametags
· Ensure all work areas, storage areas and maintenance carts are organized and well maintained
· Provide a well-maintained and comfortable room for each guest every day
· Provide well-maintained meeting areas, public areas and back of the house
· Proactively monitor guest satisfaction and effectively increase scores in each area
· Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
· Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
· Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.