Posting Date Apr 22, 2021
Job Number 21038298
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, North Harbour, Hampshire, HAMPSHIRE, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Please note: Interviews will take place in May 2021, for start date in June 2021. Interviews will likely be virtual, although we can consider alternatives, if required (maintaining social distancing and other government guidelines)
To cover our Cast Iron Restuarant and Conference & Banqueting operations.
Food & Beverage Operations Associates at our Marriott Hotels enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
Specific duties include;
· Preparing and monitor the Restaurant/Bar/Conference & Banqueting areas for service and guest comfort
· Providing a warm welcome to guests, advising them of menu options and answering questions about products & services where necessary
· Record all transactions in the MICROS till system at time of order
· Provide food and beverage service, including alcohol and non-vegetarian items
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
· Complete closing duties, including cash handling/banking
· Report any maintenance or security issues to supervisors
· Participate in training when required
Cast Iron Grill is all about fresh seasonal ingredients, traditional flavour combinations and time honoured cooking methods. In other words, the kind of food people love to eat. We believe in simple, proper tasty food, done right.
What You Do
· Become the face of Cast Iron Grill
· Deliver exceptional guest experience for our wedding and events
· Manage your Restaurant keeping it clean and food safe.
· Share personal recommendations to spread your passion for great food and drink.
· Set the stage and create a fantastic environment for customers to relax and enjoy their time with us.
What You Have
· Bags of energy and enthusiasm.
· A down to earth attitude balanced with a sense of fun.
· Natural flair for delivering a great customer service experience.
· A confidence to let your personality shine.
What’s In It For You?
· Amazing in house training courses & online food service school
· Tasty meals on duty
· Explore the world with friends & family discounts (20% off F&B and discounted accommodation rates)
· Your own modern uniform at no cost to you.
Plus plenty more which we can’t wait to tell you about!
Cast Iron Grill is proud to be part of Marriott International the world’s largest hospitality company with over 6,000 properties in over 120 countries and territories providing you the potential for a fantastic career.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.