At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced F&B Server to join our Restaurant Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. Working in our One Square Restaurant, you will be expected to cover a variety of shifts. Predominately breakfast shifts starting at 6am.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
To work with the Food & Beverage team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlets to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Food and Beverage team.
· Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
· Work across all areas of Food & Beverage to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· To be fully conversant with all restaurant policies and procedures.
· When fully competent, to work with the Manager and Lead Servers to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
· Food & Beverage Service Experience required
· Previous experience in a client facing role within a luxury five star environment is a distinct advantage
· Experience of working with hotel/spa booking and scheduling software
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
· Impeccable personal presentation
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brands standards.
In return we offer you a competitive salary a share in Tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.