At AC Hotels, we believe attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer. Whether it's the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise, AC Hotels believes that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our guests recognize and appreciate the edited beauty of AC Hotels. They feel connected to us through a shared concern for details. They enjoy feeling a part of our small, discrete, global tribe. In fact, the feeling of being among like-minded people is a significant part of the AC appeal.
We're looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
The successful incumbent's core function is to work within the Banqueting Department and to assist in running of the entire food and beverage operation (Restaurant, Bar and Lounge Area), ensuring the smooth running of the outlet, taking full advantage to maximise revenue potential and ensure guest satisfaction in compliance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· 2 years' experience working in a 4 or 5 star hospitality environment
· Working knowledge of Micros
· Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
· Positive outlook and outgoing personality
· Previous serving experience is a big plus
· Extensive product knowledge of spirits and cigars
· Computer literacy essential
· Ability to work without supervision
· Team orientation
· Able to work flexible hours and shifts
· Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
· Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
· Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
· Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
· Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
· Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
· Ensure that the highest standards of food and beverage service are maintained.
· Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
· Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
· Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and
· Special requests to the kitchen.
· Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
· Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
· Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
· Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
· Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
· Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.