Description de l'offre
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a pleasant personality to serve our guests in our food and beverage outlets. The position of F&B employee - Bars will support the bartenders in creating memorable experiences for our guest. Wash and polish glassware, refill fridges and bar wells, clear and clean bar tops, ensure all garnishes are available at all times, take charge of general bar cleanliness and organization. Greet and seat guests in restaurant. Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability. Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Transport supplies to service area. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Successful candidate will have the following:
· Must have two (2) years' experience in food & beverage service, preferably in a large restaurant or hotel setting.
· Ability to maintain high standards in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must
· Must be flexible and pro-active, with ability to multi-task
· Knowledge of different types of coffee beverages and ability to operate a semi-manual coffee machine are preferred. Latte Art skills are a bonus.
· Experience in room service, banquets, or events advantageous
· Experience in Bar a must
· Willing to work shifts including mornings and evenings, including weekends and public holidays
Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you're new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
· Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
· Learning and development opportunities
· Recognition programs
· Wellbeing programs
· Encouraging management
· Team-spirited colleagues
The impact you'll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can't wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay .
What you'll be doing
· Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
· Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
· Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
· Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
· Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
· Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
What we're looking for
· Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
· Positive outlook and outgoing personality
· Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You're a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we'll make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.